Bayou La Batre boat launch brawl investigated as a misdemeanor, charges expected soon | New
BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. (WALA) – Four families are demanding justice in Mobile County more than a week after a massive brawl at a boat launch in Bayou La Batre left several people injured.
The end of the violent brawl was captured in a cellphone video.
Three young men, bloodied and bruised, were allegedly attacked at the Bayou La Batre launching ramp on Saturday May 8 by a dozen men, some at least twice as old.
Among their injuries, a broken nose and a concussion.
The case was sent to the Mobile County district attorney’s office for review last week.
The lead investigator into the Bayou La Batre case told FOX10 News on DA’s office denied the felony charges and sent the case back to Municipal Court of Bayou La Batre as a misdemeanor case.
The mother-in-law of one of the victims claims her son and his friends were ambushed after another altercation on Dauphin Island two hours earlier.
She says the group of men waited two hours before attacking her son and his friends.
The woman says two of the four alleged victims signed mandates at the town hall this afternoon.
The other two are expected to sign warrants on Tuesday morning.
The family says as much as five persons may be charged with assault in the third degree on Tuesday.
We know of at least one name related to the case, but we do not identify this person since no charges have been laid.
TThe family also told FOX10 News that one of the alleged victims of the Battle of Bayou La Batre faces a charge on Dauphin Island.
This is related to the initial altercation there.
All content © 2021, WALA; Mobile, AL. (A station of Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.