Comcast to Expand Broadband Network in Southern Mobile County | Mobile County Alabama News
MOBILE, Ala. – In partnership with the State of Alabama and Governor Kay Ivey, Comcast today announced it will expand its broadband network to hundreds of residents and businesses in South Mobile County.
Comcast received a grant of $ 133,463 through the Alabama Broadband Accessibility Fund, administered by the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA).
With this investment and the funding from Comcast, Comcast will provide Internet services and its full suite of Xfinity services to underserved residents and businesses in Mobile County.
In addition to traditional Comcast services, residential customers in the greater areas of Mobile County will have access to the following Xfinity services:
• Six Xfinity Internet service options, including gigabit speed Internet, offering a variety of speed levels for today’s smart homes;
• Xfinity xFi, allowing high-speed Internet customers to personalize and control their home Wi-Fi experience;
• Xfinity Flex, a streamlined streaming solution for Xfinity Internet customers who do not want traditional video TV service;
• X1 entertainment platform and voice remote control;
• Xfinity Stream, offering thousands of Xfinity On Demand movies and shows, and access to the DVR library; and
• Xfinity Home, a total home security and automation solution
Businesses in the greater areas of Mobile County will also have access to a full range of Comcast Business Internet, voice and video services.