Shooting on I-65 + Special Flag Honors Fallen Soldiers
Hello, neighbors! Sammi Caramela here with a new edition of Mobile Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A mixture of sun and clouds. High: 88 Low: 64.
Here are the best stories in Mobile today:
- The Mobile police service is currently investigating a shootout that took place early Sunday morning in the southbound lanes of I-65. A man was shot in the leg after a passenger from another vehicle shot his car. He was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. (FOX10 News)
- The Blackout Veterans Tour delivered a special flag to American Legion Extension 88 in Mobile in honor of 13 fallen soldiers who served in Afghanistan. These soldiers lost their lives when the United States withdrew its troops from Afghanistan This year. They traveled all over the country to deliver these special flags. (NBC 15 WPMI)
- Mobile officials hope to raise awareness of an app that saves lives, Pursuit alert, which warns people of high-speed police chases in the area. (NBC 15 WPMI)
- Three local moms came together to collect blankets for patients at USA Health Children’s and Women’s Hospital in honour of Madison Kirksey, a two-year-old girl who died last year of a rare immune deficiency. Donations will be collected at 4850 General Road in Mobile (apart from Tillman Park Apartments office) and 8531 boul. Spanish Fort, Ste. 201 in Spanish fort up to Nov. 12. (WKRG News 5)
- The University of Mobile launched its 10th edition Serve project Friday, during which 650 students, staff and faculty volunteered their time at over 30 locations across Mobile. (WKRG News 5)
today Mobile Daily is offered to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today on mobile:
- Classics and more! – Reading club – Mobile public library (5.30 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for your next update. If you are feeling these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sammi Caramela
About me: Associate Editor at Lightning Media Partners and author of “Some Place Like Home”.