Stolen gun found in Lake + Mobile cop killer trial begins
Have a nice day, neighbors! It’s me again, Samantha Friedlander, your host for Mobile Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Wet and mostly cloudy all day. High: 80 Low: 73.
Here are the best stories in Mobile today:
- A man of Mobile County found a second weapon in Mobile‘s Municipal park Lake while collecting golf discs. The weapon had a clamp and was loaded with ammunition. Police reported the gun was stolen in a residential burglary and the suspect had previously been arrested. (WKRG News 5)
- On Monday, the federal trial began for an accused Mobile cop killer, Marco perez. He faces federal charges including possession of a firearm and unloading a firearm during a violent crime. Perez claimed to have thought he was being attacked and that Sean tuder never identified himself as a police officer. (WKRG News 5)
- Mobile police spent four hours at the scene of a reported shooting on Weinacker Avenue collecting evidence, while the victim was rushed to hospital where he later died. (FOX10 News)
- McGill-Toolen Catholic High SchoolThe campus was vandalized after Friday night’s game. (FOX10 News)
- Mobile Organization of Mardi Gras Cain’s Merry Widows is looking for a new place to store their float. They can be contacted via the Mobile Mask Facebook page (@mobilemask) with all the tracks. (NBC 15 WPMI)
Today’s mobile daily is presented to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Showcase your local business here in the newsletter for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
That’s all for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Samantha friedlander
About me: Samantha Friedlander is an avid reader and writer who loves to tell stories. She is a freelance writer for content agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com in curating the community newsletter. She has a double degree in English and Psychology.