The Wharf presents summer with the Sparks After Dark Memorial Day event
The list of season events will follow with free activities and entertainment every night of the week
ORANGE BEACH, AL – (OBA®) – The Pier will celebrate global warming with its So. A lot. Summer. The campaign will begin on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31. The list of events for the season will begin with the weekly Sparks After Dark fireworks display, and the night will end with the ensuing SPECTRA Laser Light Experience show.
From May 31 to August 8, So. A lot. Summer. will include recurring events every night of the week aimed at providing fun and free activities for the whole family.
The Wharf and Pepsi have teamed up with Alabama Credit Union to add a charitable component to this year’s event. On Wednesdays, for each child who completes the Pepsi Hunger Treasure Hunt, The Wharf’s Anchor campaign with a $ 5 donation to the Secret Meals for Hungry Kids (up to 1,000 children) program.
2021 So. A lot. Summer. Align
Monday – Sparks After Dark
- May 31 to August 2, 8:45 p.m. Main Street, free to attend. The Sparks After Dark fireworks will come back to life this summer! Dance to the beat of our DJ, play games and win prizes. Thanks to our generous sponsors, visitors can enjoy the snap, crackle and burst of color all summer long. For the best viewing areas, check out our map!
Tuesdays – Children’s night
- From June 1 to August 3, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Palm Plaza is free to attend. Tuesdays are for children! We will have a water slide, an inflatable house, live animals, face painting and much more. You might even attend an aerial artist or poodle show. Don’t forget a swimsuit and a towel!
Wednesdays – Pepsi Treasure Hunt for Hunger in aid of secret meals for hungry children
- June 2 – August 4, 5-8 p.m. | Registration at the Pepsi tent on Main Street, free. Every Wednesday all my guys and girls can come down to The Wharf to have a good time. Pick up your treasure map to start the quest and, when completed, make sure to return to where “X” marks the spot to claim your treasure. For each Cap’n who completes the hunt, The Wharf will donate $ 5 to the Alabama Credit Union’s Secret Meals for Hungry Children program.
Thursdays – Cook with the kids
- June 3 to August 5, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Palm Plaza, free. Spice up your summer and join us Thursdays at Palm Plaza for our new event, presented by Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism, Cookin ‘with Kids with Chef Nino. In this fun and educational experience, Chef Nino from Rouses Markets will teach children the basics of cooking while demonstrating the creation of simple recipes. Some kids will even be able to help out on stage as he teaches them how to mix, roll and chop their way around the kitchen.
Fridays – Fun Friday
- June 4 to August 6, 6 to 9 p.m. Main Street, free to attend. You say Friday, we say Funday! Come Friday evening this summer for guaranteed fun for the whole family. With life-size board games like Jenga and Connect 4, bubbles, corn hole and more.
Saturdays – Painting under the palm trees
- From June 5 to August 7, classes start at 5 p.m. (children), 6 p.m. (teens + adults), Palm Plaza, $ 10 per person, per class. Maybe you see yourself as someone who likes to color outside the lines? Here is your chance to really try it out under the beautiful sparkling summer sky and palm trees! Join us every Saturday for painting lessons with Paint Art Live. This is the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with your children or to have a relaxing evening with the girls.
Click here to sign up.
Sundays – Music under the Marlins
- June 6 – August 8, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Marlin Circle, free. Join us on Sundays this summer for Music Under The Marlins. With live music from local bands, it’s a great time to relax and prepare for the week ahead. Bring a chair to settle into the perfect viewing spot, then grab a drink in the Entertainment District and enjoy free kid-friendly attractions including a ball performer, wader, and juggler.
The property will also host many other events throughout the season, including the annual Pepsi Beach Ball Drop, Shark Run 5K, Blue Marlin Grand Championship as well as the continuation of the C Spire concert series at the Wharf Amphitheater.
The times and dates of all events are subject to change due to weather conditions or conflicting concerts. For a full schedule and up-to-date event news, follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter at @thewharfoba or visit